The Roulettes Opening The Australian Grand Prix


Every week, iPhoneography Oz invites one of its Instagram followers to cover a topic about Australian society. Two months ago Melbourne hosted the Australian Grand Prix, the first round of the Formula 1 World Championship. @anneeadams was there and this is a preview of what she experienced.

iPhoneography Oz: Who are you in less than 140 characters?
anneadams: I'm a semi-retired early childhood teacher. Now I'm an iphoneograher. I love travel, reading, painting and mobile photography.

iOz: Your photo shows The Roulettes opening the Australian Grand Prix. Can you explain what it is?
a: The Roulettes are the Royal Australian Air Force's elite formation aerobatic display team. Their planes are PC-9/A's. They flew past my living room window on their way to perform at the Australian Grand Prix. Their aerial acrobatics were fantastic! I was really happy to get this photo because last year I didn't grab my phone fast enough.

iOz: What is life is like in Melbourne during the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix?
a: Melbourne is really busy and buzzing during Formula 1 week. We have lots of international visitors here. Melbournians really get into the spirit. I can hear the F1 cars from my place and see the crowds of people heading to the track around Albert Park.

iOz: If you were stuck in Australia with an unlimited budget and a week in front of you, what would you do?
a: Unlimited budget - wow!! I'd go to the Kimberley. I'd love to explore this remote and unique area of Australia. I'd stay at Cape Leveque Bush Camp and take a scenic flight over The Bungle Bungles.

iOz: What was one of the best travel experiences you've ever had in Australia?
a: Australia is so vast and so diverse! If I have overseas visitors I love to take them on a road trip down the Great Ocean Road in Victoria. You can enjoy the spectacular 'shipwreck coast' views. My visitors love to see kangaroos and koalas in the wild and I love the eucalypt forests of The Otways. There are pics from these trips on my IG account. For myself, my iconic trip was when I went to Uluru and Kata Tjuta in the Northern Territory. Most Aussies live in coastal cities but the outback is the soul of Australia.

iOz: What's your favourite photo on the blog?
a: Hard to choose!!! I like all the pics of the outback and those of the Australian beaches. How about the one of the Car Eating Cows sign :)

iOz: What kind of photos can our readers see on @anneadams's Instagram feed?
a: My IG feed is very eclectic. It veers between art edits, travel shots, street photography, and views from my daily life. It's like a visual diary. Doing painterly edits is my favourite way to express myself creatively.

iOz: What will you be doing for the next hour?
a: I will be having a coffee in Hawthorn. Melbourne has the best coffee and I love it!!!

iOz: We're switching roles, ask us anything!
a: Have you considered having a presence on EyeEm?
iOz: Travel blogging is really exciting but really time-consuming as well. That's the reason why we only focus on Instagram. However we're always looking for help from new volunteer collaborators. If you have a passion for Australia, contact us!

iOz: A last word?
a: Mobile photography is an absorbing addiction. It's enriched my life. Nowadays I take notice of the beauty around me rather than taking it for granted.

Photo captured by @anneadams. To be featured, follow @iPhoneographyOz and tag your own iPhone photos with #iOz. Any image taken in Australia and tagged with #iOz is eligible.

Vous aimez cette photo ? Vous avez trouvé cet article intéressant ? Partagez-le avec vos amis en cliquant sur l'un des boutons ci-dessous !
|

6 commentaires à propos de “The Roulettes Opening The Australian Grand Prix”

  1. In the differential geometry of curves, a roulette is a kind of curve, generalizing cycloids, epicycloids, hypocycloids, trochoids, and involutes. I admire your work. Wish you all the luck for all your blogging efforts.

  2. Someone essentially help to make significantly articles I would state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual publish incredible. Great job! click here for more information Mobile Phones Australia

Laisser un commentaire