Adelaide's Beaches


Every week, iPhoneography Oz invites one of its Instagram followers to cover a topic about Australian society. Today, meet @bellacorella wandering around the beach in Semaphore, South Australia.

iPhoneography Oz: Who are you in less than 140 characters?
bellacorella: Sister/daughter. Animal lover, gardener, interested in people's stories. Good at keeping secrets. Novice boogieboarder, mediocre cook and absolute Instagram addict.

iOz: Your photo shows a beach near Adelaide. Are there many beaches in Adelaide?
b: Ha, now you're testing me! Without counting I'd say around a dozen but I think the best ones are just a bit further south of Adelaide and along the Fleurieu Peninsula. Cleaner and less crowded.

iOz: What are your favourite things to see and do in the area?
b: Ride on the ferris wheel (the very same one that Elvis Presley rode on in the film Roustabout), see a movie at the Odeon Star Semaphore Cinemas, soak up the atmosphere along Semaphore Road and nearby Largs Bay, and watch the sunset of course!

iOz: If you were stuck in Australia with an unlimited budget and a week in front of you, what would you do?
b: Probably visit one of the many places in Australia that I still haven't seen - the Top End or Kimberley. With my own personal cook.

iOz: What was one of the best travel experiences you've ever had in Australia?
b: My recent (and 4th trip) to Tassie in January. I revelled in the glorious east coast beaches, Hobart's brilliant MONA/FOMA and the stunning beauty of Bruny Island. You could say I have an enduring love affair with this part of Australia :)

iOz: What's your favourite photo on iPhoneographyOz's Instagram feed?
b: I really like Abandoned Outback Servo by @becbecbecbecbec (that's a lot of becs). It's so evocative of the Australian outback, and I think the coast gets more than its fair share of photographic coverage anyway. Yep, I'm guilty too.

iOz: What kind of photos can our readers see on @bellacorella's Instagram feed?
b: Totally random and very personal stuff that I like, find interesting or funny. Since discovering Instagram (thanks to @janedc9), I'm really seeing my hometown of Adelaide in new and interesting ways, and so far, all except one photo was taken in or near Adelaide. The ferris wheel featured is the one that I mentioned earlier, while the photo of an Italianate style building is the beautiful Largs Pier Hotel in the beachside suburb of Largs Bay.

iOz: What will you be doing for the next hour?
b: Picking the last of my tomatoes and figs before getting ready for work. Enjoying the sound of the rain - so welcome down here. And sneaking one last look at Instagram (I did say I was addicted).

iOz: We're switching roles, ask us anything!
b: You set out to post 1 pic per day during your 12 months travelling around Australia. I'm impressed by your self-restraint but did you succeed? I think I know the answer... Is there anything you would have done differently during your travels last year?
iOz: We made it! It was quite a challenge particularly because of the lack of internet access in rural areas and sometimes because of the lack of interesting things to photograph. As you said we could really see Australia in an interesting way and paid attention to a lot of details. But for sure we will never promise 1 post per day anymore! :)

iOz: A last word?
b: A few words actually. Thanks for iPhoneography Oz; it's a great way for people to indulge their creativity on Instagram and show off some of Australia's less-well known attractions. And thanks for my 15 minutes of fame!

Photo captured by @bellacorella. To be featured, follow @iPhoneographyOz and tag your own iPhone photos with #iOz. Any image taken in Australia and tagged with #iOz is eligible.

Vous aimez cette photo ? Vous avez trouvé cet article intéressant ? Partagez-le avec vos amis en cliquant sur l'un des boutons ci-dessous !
|

Laisser un commentaire